Some luxury feeling, a little bit of romance and some sweetness...





All necessary ingredients for a most delightful tea time!

I wish this porcelain cup was of good Bavarian quality,like these ones, 

that live in my parents' Apartment 44  in 
Greece, since 41 years.

It's not though.Siiiiiigh!


Having missed the feeling of sipping a cup of tea from fine white porcelain with true golden details, accompanied with mother's excellent homemade cakes, cookies and chocolates, on a Sunday afternoon, I indulged myself to this very cheap copy, in exchange of €1 both for the cup and the saucer.

Two sets were bought and the amazing expense of €1.60 was made to purchase also two separate small plates.

Well, I must admit, that my eye was equally pleased, with the only difference being actually holding the cup, as fine porcelain is extremely light, which neddless to say, isn't the case here!

Still, the whole feeling that I wished for was created and the only fake thing in the setting was the non Bavarian porcelain. A sense of luxury was created and added a little bit of this magic we are all looking for in our daily lives.

I'm not in favor of copies, also having been brought up with a selective taste. But, I strongly believe that a nice sense of living should be enjoyed by many and not only by those who can afford it.

That brings us back again to style and styling, which could be the key to beautiful living.

The importance is on how we do what we do, on how we wear what we wear, on how we express our views, our thoughts, our emotions.

The more I grow up, the more I understand that style means a cultivated mind and soul...

And last but not least, what more could be style than doing what we do, being who we are, through the quaility of love?



And a note here:
The wonderful tea I drunk and very much enjoyed  is called "Frülingstau", or Spring Baptism, a present from my Chinese friend Ann Jing, who has a lovely Tea shop in Mainz and writes a delightful blog about cooking and of course teatime! 
Despite the fact that it is in Chinese, a visit is sure to reward you, as there is a collection of lovely pictures she herself composed and made.