A Saturday afternoon walk...



...in the neighboring city of Wiesbaden, ended up being again a practise in photography.


Lovely buildings and a very dramatic sky, combined with the afternoon light of Spring, work very positively for pictures with an impact, without needing any processing at all.


Some of the pictures made can be seen here, in the specific set in my flickr stream, named  "Wiesbaden"


In the picture above, the low building on the left, with the blue, wooden shades reminded me of Greece...I'm getting a little homesick these days, as it's the first time since I relocated in Germany, that almost half a year has passed and I haven't visited. A long weekend or at least a week were usually planned every 3 months.

But it was clearly my choice, as I had spent far too much time last summer and autumn ( all together 8 weeks), renovating Apartment 44, the new smaller place my parents bought to live in.
And it was tiring, very tiring, except from rewarding, as it was the first time I got not only to decorate a living space, but to literally tear it down and start all over again, having chosen and designed everything from scratch.

This period also caused lots of instability in my personal relationship and since then I learned to prioritise and to support my feelings with actions. Making clear statements with my choices.
I grew a lot since that period and I 'm very, very thankful for that.

I feel that my parents are now settled in a new way of life, less luxurious but more meaningful. They have also accepted my choice to live in a different country and they are very happy I must say, for how things have turned out.

Now, I feel that I have two homes, one here in Germany and one in Greece and this is a feeling I had never imagined before...

I decided to spend a long weekend in Munich this year, which was my parents generous present for my birthday and Christmas together, instead of flying to Greece.

I'm very happy though that a first summer visit in Greece is planned for June....not too crouded and not too hot for my German partner .... :)